comScore Sr Product Manager in Sherman Oaks, California
Job Title: Sr. Product Manager
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
About This Role:
We have an immediate opening for a Sr. Product Manager to provide analysis support for our Distribution Systems.
The successful candidate will capture business requirements and develop related artifacts to support the development of new and existing products and services. They are responsible for ensuring the product or service meets the identified business requirements with an understanding of both software development lifecycle and the related business operations.
What You’ll Do:
• Work with customers to assess needs and gather requirements using industry best practices and methods.
• Evaluate information and distinguish true underlying needs and critical details from personal preferences
• Collaborate with customers, outside vendors, architects, and software development teams to analyze and translate high-level business requirements to functional specifications and product designs for use by architects and developers
• Develop artifacts and provide analytical support to ensure system and business requirements are complete and understood during the design, development, testing, conversion, and deployment phases of a project.
• Ensure functional design issues are identified, tracked, prioritized, resolved, and communicated in a timely manner.
• Work with customers to identify required changes, enforce scope management, follow change control processes, and communicate needed changes to the project team.
• Support customers in identification and implementation of changes to business processes and organizational roles to optimize efficiencies and identify improvements as provided by new systems and services.
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to create the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance or other technical needs.
• Evaluate customers’ existing systems as well as competitor’s alternative systems.
• Design products and services that can be used equally well by a wide range of customers and environments, and meet anticipated future needs.
• Stay current on industry trends and challenges, be recognized as a SME, and leverage knowledge to design industry-leading systems and services
• Facilitate team and customer meetings and deliver informative, well-organized presentations.
• Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development teams.
• Build, develop and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project and company.
• Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction, create new opportunities, and deepen customer relationships.
• Manage customer expectations effectively while maintaining respect and a positive relationship with the customer.
• Accurately estimate business analyst work tasks and understand potential complexities; communicate progress.
• Work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment under the direction of a project manager.
• Work to meet project deadlines and schedules, delivering on commitments and plans. Engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• Work with and support other teams; UX designers, architects, and developers - to ensure the product meets the customers’ needs and quality standards.
• Quality assurance team - to provide application training to the quality assurance team and support the creation of test cases. Support integration and user acceptance testing.
• Technical writing team - to develop effective end-user documentation and use tools.
What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent education/training/work experience.
• 5+ years of experience as a business analyst, including business analysis, process design, application specification (reports, function, UI), conversion analysis, and user testing.
• Demonstrated sound technical and business knowledge and judgment.
• Strong analytical and product management skills, including an understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
• Understanding of data models and data relationships.
• Ability to quickly learn applications and connect the application functions to the business context.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills and work well with both customers and software development resources.
• Ability to interact with customer executives, senior management, managers, architects, developers, quality assurance engineers, subject matter experts, and other software team members.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment; conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
• Experience facilitating meetings and leading presentations.
• Strong interviewing techniques; ability to ask probing questions in a tactful and positive manner.
• Ability to lead small to medium projects.
• Process improvement analysis experience.
• Ability to learn and apply new technologies.
• Good understanding of essential components of software architecture and design (client-server, n-tier, windows services, web services, web design/UI experience, etc.).
• Solid understanding of all aspects of the software application development lifecycle and release process.
• Experience using design/analysis tools (e.g. flow-charting/process flow tools such as Microsoft Visio) and presentation tools (e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint).
• Desired Skills: Bilingual in Spanish
• Knowledge of Theatrical Distribution, Exhibition and/or Digital Cinema businesses.
At comScore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, comScore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, comScore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about comScore, please visit comScore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, comScore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
# of Openings 1
Category Data Analytics, Research & Product Operations